- Founder and Chief Executive Officer: 2 bricks and mortar dental brands
- Elite Dental and Virginia Dental Center – relationship focused general dental offices.
- 7 years - mentor to 7 general dentist, 8 hygienist, 25+ staff.
- Grew revenue from $0 in 2009 to $6.7m in 2019, greater than 25% YOY revenue growth (CAGR), EBITDA = 20%
- Leadership by way of inspiring. Hired over 100+ providers and staff
- Featuring unique patient financing options, lean operational management, and marketing
- Consultant: MACC ACADEMY
- Dental Industry Expert: Structure, lean operations, revenue generation, valuation, and transition
- Entrepreneur, Founder, and CEO: SmileSIM® online smile simulation company
- Private Practice: General Dentist 2005-present
- See professional testimonials
- See patient testimonials
- Dental Director: Directed Spear Study Club for 20 dentists
- 4 years
- Expert Witness: Multiple malpractice cases
- 5 years
- DMD and M.S.Ed – University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry
- MBA – Darden School of Business- UVA
July 2015 –Present
Elite Dental – Founder (Arlington,VA)
- Unique startup that opened July 2015; Marketed as a High-Quality Implant & Cosmetic Dental Practice.
- 2019 revenues = $1.9m, with 10 employees, including 4 providers. Profitability greater than 19%.
- 4.9/5 on Google (n=161)
- Averages ~45 new patients per month.
- Partnered with Dental Care Alliance in 2016 at a group valuation of $6.5m
- As Lead Dentist – Top producer in revenue and positive patient reviews group wide, for all prior years and quarters (2009 – 2019).Focus on complex, comprehensive, implant supported, and smile-makeover cases. Extensive portfolio and testimonials which in include numerous other dentists, their spouses and a staff. Voted “TOP Dentist” inNorthern Virginia Magazine2016. Voted “Best of 2016” in Arlington by the Arlington Award Program. A Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry. Voted “Best Dentist in Washingtonian Magazine 2019.”
March 2009 – Present
Virginia Center for Cosmetic & General Dentistry – Founder (Arlington, VA)
- Unique startup that opened March 2009; Marketed as a High Value General & Cosmetic Dental Practice.
- 2019 revenues = $4.85m with 25 employees, including 10 providers. Profitability greater than 20%.
- Average social review score 4.9/5 on Google (n=346) .
- Averages ~180 new patients per month.
- Partnered with Dental Care Alliance in 2016 with a group valuation of $6.5m
- YOY revenue growth >30%
January 2016 – Present
SmileSIM – Founder/CEO (Online)
- Startup online smile simulation product/service marketed to dentists for the purpose of improving profitability and case acceptance.
- Founded in 2016, SmileSIM spent 18 months in development and went live in March 2017.
- Original product, packaged as a service for dentists to help them increase the health of their patient populations by increasing case acceptance. The product/service enables dentists to virtually simulate what patients could look like, with an improved, healthier smile.Upload time is designed to take less than 1 minute. Simulations are completed in less than 1 hour. The service incorporates a financial model that enables the average patient to afford treatment.
- Currently expanding market range.
2019 – Present
MACC ACEDEMY – Dental Consulting Founder/CEO (Nationwide)
Building Strong Relationships, Improving Systems, Growing Revenue
- Management, Advisory, Consulting, and Coaching services for dentists and dental offices.
- Focus: Structure, Lean Operations, Revenue, Valuation, and Transition
Associate Dentist (Various)
- Village Family Dentistry, Fayetteville, NC - 2005 - 2006
- Dr. Larry J. Peterson, DDS, Washington DC - 2006 – 2008
- Dr. William Dudley, Vineland, NJ - 2008 - 2009
- Dr. George Zacko, Reston, VA - 2008- 2009
United States Air Force – Captain and General Dentist (Pope AFB, Fayetteville, NC)
- General dentistry for military personnel - 2004 - 2006
- Dental exams to facilitate rapid deployment overseas
- Leadership duties specific to the rank of Captain
- Certified in IV and Oral Sedation
- Veteran - Iraq War
University of Virginia, Darden School of Business (Charlottesville, VA)
- MBA Degree, GPA = 3.22
Henry Schein Dental Business Institute (Milwaukee, WI)
- >110 classroom hours. Curriculum: Plan, Build, Lead, Lean,
Aug. 2003 – June 2004
United States Air Force – Bolling &Andrews Air Force Bases (Washington, DC)
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) – 1 Year Residency
July 2003 - August 2003
United States Air Force – Maxwell Air Force Base (Montgomery, AL)
- Commissioned Officer Training School (COT)
University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine (Philadelphia, PA)
- DMD Degree; GPA =3.61
- 100% on the North East Regional Board Licensing Examination
University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education (Philadelphia, PA)
- M.S.Ed degree
Middlebury College (Middlebury, VT)
- BA – Biology, Psychology Minor
- Varsity Baseball (4 years), Varsity Football (4 years)
2015 - 2018
Dental Director – Spear Education, Elite Dental Group
- Case study model
- Leader, organizer, moderator, facilitator for 20 dentists including specialist. Monthly meetings to review complicated cases and business practices. Annual trips for workshops and seminars.
- Developed presentations on topic such as: treatment planning, the patient experience, presenting treatment, conveying value, team leadership.
Academy of General Dentistry Fellow (FAGD)
- Accomplishment of only 6% of general dentists.
- > 750 hours of post graduate continuing education
2010 - Present
Expert Professional Legal Witness Designation
- Jamie Lee Thompson, Administrator of the Estate of Debra Lee Fogarty, deceased, v. Dr. Bertholomey, et al. 2020
- Jones, Samantha G. vs. Ahmed, Mohamed H., D.M.D. 2020
- Tolson v. Key -2019
- Salva v. Ellington DDS, et al -2018
- Gambill v. Szakaly et al.-2017
- Naina Panth v. Dariusosh D. Ashouripour, DDS, et al. -2016
- Thomas L. Spitler v. Gary V. Avakian, DDS, et al- 2015
Mentor/Civilian Resident Private Practice Advisor
- Medical College of Virginia, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill,University of Virginia, Bolling & Andrews AFB’s andWashington Veterans Hospital Residents
Implant Seminars with Dr. Arun Garg (San Domingo, DR)
- Didactic continuum and live patient course
- Mission trip to help underserved communities and learn implant placement and advanced extraction procedures.
- Instrument Rated Private Pilot
- Amateur Triathlete
- Happily married and proud father of two